Tuesday, June 16, 2009

the hand pump from kinetic systems is a ripoff

So I purchased a vibration isolation platform from Kinetic Systems.  It was the cheapest one they had, and one consequence is that a hand pump can be used to fill the air springs. They charge $60 for a pump which they told me was a very nice bicycle pump.  It's actually a $15 piece of junk.  It's a mini pump designed to be used in an emergency only.  For the money they charged one could get 3 very nice pumps-ones with gauges that are easy to pump.  I got ripped off, but it's my advisor's fault.  He felt it wasn't worth my time trying to save $40 or so.  Don't get the hand pump from Kinetic Systems.  The isolation platform works okay with compressed air however.  One does need to adjust the springs every few hours however.  The self leveling would have been nice.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home