Saturday, March 04, 2006

first race

I did a training race today.  It was fun.  I made some good attacks, but didn't end up in the results (1,2,3).   A break of about 7 riders went up the road, including one of my team mates.  Rather than chasing and joining, I tried to block.  He then lost it, and I began to chase alone.  I reduced the gap from 30s to 10s.  I then got some help, but he wasn't quite as strong as I was at the moment.  We then got more help, but some of them were goofy and we couldn't work well together.  I rode a lot on the front and ended up finishing okay, but since I missed that winning move it didn't matter much.  Not that any of it matters, since it was a training race.  Nonetheless, I found out what my present strengths and weakness are, and that'll help me train up for future races.  I have quite a long way to go. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home